How It Started
When I first decided to use essential oils in my psychotherapy practice by diffusing to assist my clients with emotional support during therapy sessions, I set to learning HOW they worked. Then, I just had to know ALL about them. I wanted to know:
- all the *ins and outs* of the various essential oils: what they can be used for, how to use them, when to use them, and why to use them.
- why essential oils were used for centuries in homeopathic medicine and weren’t being used in traditional/Western (allopathic) medicine if they were really so effective.
- what it meant that a seemingly vast number of companies proclaimed that their essential oils were the purest/best.
Once I’d done a ton of research, I realized that this search for knowledge was going to be a lifelong learning project for me. This was mostly because of the lack of double-blind studies available at the time. And I wanted to know:
- more about the science, safety, and effective use of essential oils.
- that my knowledge would be unquestionably evidence-based and from someone other than what could be found through using online search engines or my suppliers.
I studied for hundreds of hours in lectures and labs. I dove into botany, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, and essential oil blending; wrote a peer-reviewed research paper; and completed over 20 case studies. At the end of it all, I received my certification as a Clinical Aromatherapist!
Taking It to the Next Level
Today, I continue my research. And I take TONS of accredited continuing education courses. I study on topics such as:
- Aromatherapy Safety
- Staying Healthy with Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy for Babies & Children
- Aromatherapy Inhalation
- Green Cleaning
- Aromatherapy for Skin Care
- Specialized Aromatherapy Products
- Blending by Components (when we choose essential oils based on the medicinal actions of their main components)
I am excited to bring my knowledge and experience to help you to enhance your wellness!